Sunday, March 07, 2010

Commuting.........the jury is still out

 http://blog.arendsen.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/traffic_jam_web.jpg

Well last week was my first week of commuting to work as opposed to walking down the hallway to my home office. 
It has been a bit of a shock to me and I have to admit, with all of the rain last week, it was a really bad week to judge the commuting by. One day it took me 2 hours....yes 2 hours to get to work. The roads where chocked in every direction. I had a bit a a chat to my boss about it and we have come up with an idea for me to either come in early around 7am or after 9am so I can miss that peak hour HELL! I left home on Friday at 6am and dropped Ella at daycare (poor baby) and was at work at 7am on the dot. 

Commuting must have really been playing on my mind last week as I even had a dream of trying to get funding from Prime Minister Rudd (Kev) to set up Satellite offices on the city fringe to save commuters. In my dream I saw Kev and called out "Excuse me Kevin, can I have your ear". How funny, but I do like the idea of Satellite Offices!

On an exciting note......I discovered Reverse Garbage last week and I fell in love. Lets just say, the $15 I spent last week is the tip of the iceburg for me. I will be back. Just to give you an idea of how close I am to Reverse Garbage. My office 205 Montague Road, Reverse Garbage 296 Montague Road. It is a 2 minute drive - LOVE it.
reverse garbage signGeneral warehouse imageTimber section
Well I hope everyone had a lovely weekend, I know I did....lots of cuddles with Ella and lots of sewing in my reclaimed sewing room. Ella has set up a space in there as well and she like to pull a chair up next to me and "help" me with my sewing. It is lovely. I have also totally fell in love with my Brother NS30 sewing machine (that almost started to sound very revolting!!). I purchased it last year and haven't had much of a chance to sew since then so this weekend.....well, it was BLISS.
http://www.statewidesewing.com.au/images/NS-30.gif

Well, I need to say goodbye to my Monday's off for a little while. We are so busy at work that my boss has asked me to come back full time for a few months. Not sure how I will go, but one thing I know is that I will be getting someone in to do my cleaning!

Hope you all are well and I will be back again soon.

Hoo roo
Lisa
xxx


Traffic photo courtesy of Alef Arendsen
Reverse Garbage pics courtesy of Reverse Garbage
Brother sewing maching pic courtesy of Brother

No comments: